Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank you

June 25, 2010
Dear Families,
I cannot believe that the end of the year is here. Ten months ago, June was nothing more than a far off dream. Now, in what seems like a blink of the eye, summer vacation is upon us and July is only one week away.
I always take time to reflect at the close of the school year. It has taken a lot of hard work on all of our parts (children, parents, and teachers) to arrive at this day. I have a tremendous amount of pride in the children for all that they have accomplished and for the blood, sweat, and tears that they have put into their learning. Twenty children arrived in September wanting and willing to learn. So much has happened between then and now. Lots of time spent learning, laughing, questioning, crying, etc. They have driven me crazy at times, made me sad at others, while also filling me with joy and gratitude (and all of those emotions could occur before snack time on any given day). They’ve tattled, lost teeth, grown new ones, and celebrated accomplishments and frustrations together. With all that the children and I have done, we’ve done it together.
The last day of school is always so bittersweet to me. I will miss these 20 very special girls and boys terribly but I know that they are ready to move on to new beginnings and new challenges. I am so proud of all their accomplishments and I know that I am passing them along to a school filled with very talented and capable teachers at T.Z.E.
Please accept my sincerest thanks for all of your help and support this year. The year’s success certainly couldn’t have happened without you. I truly appreciate your support, patience and understanding. Your encouragement and reinforcement are truly what make this experience so triumphant.
Have a fabulous summer vacation. Summer is a time for relaxation but it’s also a great opportunity for review and reinforcement and I encourage you to support your child by providing educational opportunities (not necessarily worksheets) for them to review and learn through games, conversations, and life. I never forget that you are your child’s first and most significant and influential teachers. Please keep in touch. Thanks again for sharing your children with me this year.
With great appreciation,
Randi Stern

No comments: