Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog Challenge #3: Your Favorites

Last week I asked everyone to check out the Primary Games website to try some spring games. This week, I am asking YOU to share a website with your classmates and me. In the comments section, please share a link to the website along with an explanation about what you do there and why it is a favorite of yours. Remember to use your FIRST NAME ONLY and share a website appropriate for other first graders! Read your classmates' posts and try some of them out for yourself. Let's see if we can make a collection of at least 10 sites to try! I'll include a few to get us started:

Robot Calculator: Robot Calculator is a game to practice addition and subtraction facts. Start off on easy before trying out the medium level.

Long Vowel Drag n' Spell: Find the long vowel combination to complete the correct spelling of the word and picture

Word Drop: This is a fast paced word game where you need to make words from tiles that drop in columns. The challenge is to progress through six levels, each with increasing levels of difficulty without allowing a column to become filled with letters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like www.pbskids.org because it has lots of characters and all you have to do is click on the character you want to see about and it takes you to the character's website.-Eesha

Ms. Stern said...

Eesha,
I almost included that one in my list! The PBS site has TONS of games and activities for kids of all ages. Do you have a particular character or show that you enjoy the most?

Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Ms. Stern

Sandra said...

My favorite website is nick.com. I like the I Carly and Spongebob games the best.
From Dylan Mundy