Monday, February 25, 2008

100th Day of School!

Today was the 100th day of school! We played lots of games that had to do with the number 100. We completed 100 math problems, jumped on one foot for 100 seconds, we were silent for 100 seconds, and we tried standing on one foot for 100 seconds. Some of us (Nicole, Ashley, Madison B., Alexis Jonathan, Lily Joseph V., Justin, Thomas, and Kelsey) thought that 100 seconds were faster than we believed. Jackie, Aidan, Julia, Conor, Joseph B., Mikey, Casey, Joel, and Nevin thought it was longer than they originally believed. Ms. Stern asked us to draw ourselves now and then draw ourselves in 100 years. Most people think that they are going to be old in the year 2108. The children in the class also wrote about what they would do if they had $100. Here are some of our responses:
-Jonathan: I would buy a monster truck and crush cars and crush other monster trucks.
-Joseph B.: I would buy an expensive car because most of the expensive cars are racecars. I would buy Corvettes, Mustangs, and Ferraris.
-Kelsey: I would buy a restaurant, a flat screen TV, and a Dell. I would buy a restaurant because I love to play restaurant with my mom, dad, and brothers. I would buy a flat screen TV because I love to watch TV. I would buy a Dell because it’s a laptop and you do not have to plug it in so I could bring it places.
Joel: I will buy a skateboard if I had one. I will go crazy if I had one. I will ride it every day! I will have to practice a lot.
Ashley: I would buy lots of jewelry and Sephora makeup and lots of cool clothes and live in a mansion with an indoor pool and a Jacuzzi and servants.
Conor: If I had $100 I would buy a castle so I could battle evil people.
Jackie: I’d give it to St. Jude’s Research Hospital. If I were there I’d really want people to find out more, quick!

In Art, we finished up our still life drawings. We are using oil pastels to color the vase with the flowers.

No comments: