Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Animal Encounters Challenge!

Today we got to see (and touch!) a variety of reptiles from the Animal Encounters program. The animals that we saw were:

  • blue tongued skink
  • milk snake

  • box turtle


  • snapping turtle
  • alligator

  • albino boa constrictor

  • legless lizard

Choose one (or more) of the animals to research. See if you can find information about its habitat (where it lives), diet (what it eats), and 2 other interesting NEW facts about that animal. Record your responses in the comment section at the bottom of this post. Use your first name or initials only. I can't wait to see what you learn!

4 comments:

kwd said...

Hi Miss Stern,

Blue tongued skinks can be found in deserts, tropical jungles, woodlands and savannahs. They eat insects, berries, spiders, flowers and plants. Blue tongued skinks have from 5-18 babies and are born live not from eggs.
-Kevin

Ms. Stern said...

Kevin,
I'm impressed! Not only did you teach me new facts about the skink but you also found this challenge before I even mentioned it to the class! Great job! I hope you continue to particpate in future bloggers' challenges!
Love,
Ms. Stern

Unknown said...

Dear Ms.Stern,
Last year I remember going to the Animal Encounters and it was sooooooo fun!!!! Since I thought it was fun I know they had fun! I remember a lot of those animals and a couple of them were new!

-Kelsey

Ms. Stern said...

Dear Kelsey,
You have a great memory! Do you remember which animals you saw? I think if you look back far enough, the post is on the blog from last year's visit. You're right, it was a really fun experience.

I love that you're still checking the blog and even commenting from time to time! I hope I get to see you when we go to TZE for our first grade visit next month. I miss you!

Love,
Ms. Stern